Diamond Upgrade Policy
No matter the reason for initially purchasing a diamond, from milestone anniversaries to life events, there's a chance you'll want to upgrade your precious gemstone in the future. For this reason, we are happy to provide our customers with an upgrade service. Simply get in touch with a return request for your original diamond as well as details about the larger or higher quality stone you require.
Reasons to Upgrade
- Larger or higher quality diamond - Give your ring greater presence and a more dramatic appearance.
- Change of diamond shape - If you still love your setting but feel like it’s time for a change, consider switching to a centre stone of a different shape.
- Extra diamonds- If you currently have a single stone ring, switching to a halo, pavé or side stone setting can be a great way to add extra beauty.
- Change in personal taste - Your choice of diamond shape or metal band may have gone out of style, which calls for a timely upgrade.
- Reflection of social status- Some people may want to upgrade to a bigger-sized diamond to show off their status and wealth.
- Upcoming anniversary or event- If you want to treat yourself or your partner, this is a great way of doing so.
Guidelines and Eligibility
Only GIA, IGI or AGSL graded diamonds purchased from Nova Diamonds are eligible. Your diamond must be in its original condition with the original diamond grading report. Any damage to the original diamond will disqualify the diamond from our upgrade program.
Terms and Conditions of Our Diamond Upgrade Policy
- Please note this policy is only applicable for earth-grown diamonds, not lab-grown diamonds.
- Each diamond upgrade request is subject to approval by management as not all diamonds may qualify for the upgrade policy.
- If your diamond upgrade is approved, we will offer you a credit of between 80-95% on the original value of the diamond. The new sale value must also be at least 75% more than the original diamond.
- Changes in the sizes of your diamond may require an adjustment to the ring setting or a full remake of your ring. If this is the case, additional fees will apply.
- We are not able to 'downgrade' your diamond to that of a smaller, lower quality or lower value stone.